1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dubai-Help please!

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by portmarnock, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Hi all,
    Would like to get a bit of advice from those in the know. I am an Irish trained teacher with 10 years teaching experience and currently hold a Senior leadership position. I have applied for loads of teaching jobs within well known private schools in Dubai, particularly in the well known "Precious Stone" schools.
    I have heard nothing back from any schools other then one well known school said they were shortlisting and let those we were to be interviewed by the 10th Feb..... and one "precious stone" school were I applied for a senior position also let me know they had hired someone else. All the other class teacher jobs I have applied for have received no response. I do know the recruiter for the senior position was different to the recruiter who deals with the other classroom roles. I rang a week ago and was told that she could not speak to me as she was very busy.
    I think all the those who were shortlisted have been informed?? Have others heard back? Anyone know why I wouldnt have even been shortlisted. i have a good well rounded CV. Im a bit confused!!
    Really appreciate any feedback ;-)