1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dubai 2019

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by mary821, Feb 1, 2019.

1. mary821

mary821 New commenter

My school is too. They’ve asked for my local airport so I’m hoping it will be soon

2. Sebbenn

Sebbenn New commenter

My wife has accepted a job in Dubai to start in August. I don't have a job yet but will be looking. Can anyone tell me if I can teach moral education with a philosophy degree? I taught French for twenty years and am now a school librarian, but my degree seems to preclude me from doing either in UAE.

3. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

Most schools in the UAE have Islamic Studies lessons. I am not so sure about "moral education", Sebbenn.

4. chalet_fan

chalet_fan New commenter

You might be ok in Dubai but do you really want to teach Moral Ed? It really is the most soul destroying subject. My year 3 lesson last week was to identify tangible and intangible artefacts from a given list.

5. barfly

barfly New commenter

Hi!! Me too. Shall we message??

6. Chem_miss_t

Chem_miss_t New commenter

Hi everyone,

I had a face to face interview last week In the UK for a school in Dubai. At the end of it, I was told I passed the interview and the school would be in touch with further details (a second round Skype interview) within a week however I haven’t heard anything yet. Just wondering if delays in the process are normal?

7. teachersn

teachersn New commenter

Is anything normal in this process?? Be patient and let us know if they contacted you back !!

8. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

In the same boat, barfly? No, you will be in the water if you name specific schools on this forum.

9. London020

London020 New commenter

Agreed. Schools in Dubai are very laid back and will take there time. Best bet is for you to email the school directly and ask for an update.