1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dubai 2019

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by mary821, Feb 1, 2019.

1. mary821

mary821 New commenter

Just had a job offer for a school in Dubai. Wondering if anyone else is moving there this summer, it would be good to have someone to talk to along the way :)

2. markedout

markedout New commenter

I'm already here, if there's anything I can help with. If you're a FB user, there are Dubai Teachers Network and Empowering Expat Teachers groups.

mary82 and mary821 like this.
  3. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

Yes, there will be some other young teachers going to Dubai, mary821. There were last year and the year before that. If you want to talk to me, I will send you my SKYPE name, but I must warn you that I am fat, old and married.

mary821 likes this.
  4. mary821

mary821 New commenter

Thank you fat, old & married doesn’t bother me xx

5. ltimmins91

ltimmins91 New commenter

I will be heading out to Dubai in Aug! Feeling very excited/extremely terrified as going out on my own!

mary821 likes this.
  6. mary821

mary821 New commenter

Me too - Trying to work out how to send you a conversation x

7. adrixargentina

adrixargentina New commenter

I'm 35 and wouldn't mind going to Dubai! Is there something wrong with me? :cool:

8. mary821

mary821 New commenter

Nope - do what makes you happy at any age :)

9. Mr_Frosty

Mr_Frosty Occasional commenter

I was 40+ when I arrived in the UAE - it's fine there are plenty of us oldies around.

SaffraJay likes this.
  10. markedout

markedout New commenter

I was 50 and my husband 54!

mary821 and Mr_Frosty like this.
  11. Louise1139

Louise1139 New commenter

Hi all. I'm also moving to Dubai this summer and am neither particularly young nor old!

Thanks for starting the topic Mary - I've already messaged you today - but only just managed to get admin to change my username from my full name as have been a member for over a decade.

Judging by the sheer quantity of schools and jobs advertised hopefully this thread will get busier soon.

mary821 likes this.
  12. february31st

february31st Established commenter

Unfortunately Quantity doesn't mean Quality!

13. Louise1139

Louise1139 New commenter

Yes thanks for that constructive contribution Feb. Those of us who aren't brand new to this have done our homework and applied/chosen accordingly. Those who are newer may need to start somewhere but I'm happy to chat to everyone.

blueskydreaming and mary821 like this.
  14. february31st

february31st Established commenter

Louise, see you in Rock Bottoms at 10pm ;-) next September.

15. LCass

LCass New commenter

Haha, I hope not. I'm 36 and will be moving back to Dubai a second time this summer after some years spent in other countries.

SaffraJay, Louise1139 and mary821 like this.
  16. mary821

mary821 New commenter

I can’t work out how to send you a conversation please could you send me one x

17. Tooch247

Tooch247 New commenter

Yes I am heading to Dubai in September to teach DT

mary821 likes this.
  18. SRAFIQ0121

SRAFIQ0121 New commenter

I am trying so hard to secure a job in Dubai for August, I've had no luck. Can I ask what route you guys took to secure employment in Dubai? I am 31, a Science teacher with 3.5 years experience at a private international school in London.

19. amlolex50

amlolex50 New commenter

Are not looking more for young NQT In dubai at the moment. I get that impression in my interview with school

20. mary821

mary821 New commenter

I have 11 years experience. I think it just depends on individual schools.
    I’ve heard that one of the groups of schools are wanting people with less than 5 years experience. Also, some adverts say suitable for NQTs