1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dualit Kettles?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Doglover, Feb 15, 2011.

1. I was just wondering if anyone owns one.
    I was considering buying one, but some of the reviews I have read say there are problems with the lids rusting :/
    Has anyone any experience of this?

2. impis

impis New commenter

3. We used to have one, it looked lovely but didn't last long. I can't remember how it stopped working, but I do rememberbeing extremely disappointed.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I'm not sure anyone could convince me that there was any need to pay more than £10-15 for a kettle.

5. My husband's thoughts exactly, Seren ;)

6. I bought a cheap (4.99) plastic kettle from ASDA as a stopgap about 4 years ago and it is still going strong. It's been dropped on tiles and survived and the element hasn't silted up like my old Russell Hobbs. You're only going to boil water in it, not take it to social functions. I am, however, tempted by the Dualit commercial style toasters that have a metal cage thing that holds toasted sandwiches like they have in some snack bars. Expensive though.

7. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

Hi DL,
    if you like and can afford, go for it!
    My mother has the Dualit kettle and toaster and as far as I know, has had no problems with either.
    If you did fancy a cheaper alternative, John Lewis do stylish own brand kitchen appliances. I have the JL kettle and toaster. Both have been BRILLIANT and they came with something like 3 years free insurance! [​IMG] JL usually do free home delivery too.

8. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

Have just checked their website (obsessive, moi?!) and I was right about the free home delivery. 2 years free insurance on JL kettles and toasters. I'd really recommend anyway!

9. We've got a gorgeous Dualit kettle and we love it- purely because of how it looks, and it boils quickly, but then a kettle is a kettle innit.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

The words "gorgeous" and "kettle" don't really belong together in my ever so humble (and, clearly, tasteless) opinion.
    I did once spend a little extra (in Asda so we're not talking serious money) on a high speed kettle but it was so noisy it caused the dog to have a nervous breakdown every time we used it.

11. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

12. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Snap [​IMG]

13. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Nope but the Dualit toaster is the best I've ever had (and worth every penny IMO - although we went for the budget 'soft' version) x

14. I am still dithering about what to choose ;)