1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dual qualification credits.

Discussion in 'Scotland - curriculum' started by amyjamieson6, Jan 7, 2019.

1. amyjamieson6

amyjamieson6 New commenter

Hi I was looking for any information of other people who are dual qualified in general (secondary education Scotland) but it would also be useful for information about modern studies in particular!

I currently have 1 module of sociology (20 credits) and looking at doing a distance module In a politics or social policy module (20-60 credits).

I already know I would have to teach a minimum amount of hours of the subject on probation.

Does anyone else have any other idea of what I would need to have a dual qualification to teach modern studies?

Thanks In advance!

2. alendra

alendra New commenter

My other half dual qualified as a modern studies teacher a few years back. The requirement from GTCS at the time was 120 credits of related courses, with 60 of those at a second year university level. He had 60 credits of international relations as part of his undergraduate degree, and did a 60 point politics course with the OU. That was enough to get his provisional registration.