1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

DTTLS - please help!

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by misslinz, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Hi there,
    Any info/ advice anyone can give is greatly appreicated!
    I started but didn't complete a PGCE (Secondary Art+Design) a few years ago. I am now tutoring and want to work in 16+/Adult education only - is the DTTLS the best route for me? This does mean you can teach in Colleges and upwards right?!
    (Also I particularly enjoy special needs work and that is the area I am involved in justnow so does the DTTLS mean I can carry on working with Special needs?)
    Many thanks :)

2. Hi there,
    Any info/ advice anyone can give is greatly appreicated!
    I started but didn't complete a PGCE (Secondary Art+Design) a few years ago. I am now tutoring and want to work in 16+/Adult education only - is the DTTLS the best route for me? This does mean you can teach in Colleges and upwards right?!
    (Also I particularly enjoy special needs work and that is the area I am involved in justnow so does the DTTLS mean I can carry on working with Special needs?)
    Many thanks :)

3. Hello Dear,

Did you do the Dttls course or PCET? I wonder how you are getting on in this career?

paintstudio2000-sru@yahoo.co.uk

4. dzil

dzil Occasional commenter

If you want to teach in a state mainstream with special needs pupils or in a special school with any age group (2 - 19) you need a PGCE that qualifies you to teach in a school.
    Not sure what you need to teach in a post 16 further education college.

5. dzil

dzil Occasional commenter