1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

DT co-ordinators?? help please

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by MissJCG, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Hiya,

I have taken over the role of DT co-ordinator in my school (just doing maternity cover) and have been asked to do a DT staff meeting on DT on monday. I have been asked to talk about planning and making sure all teachers are covering all aspects of the programmes of study and then to talk about food Tec. I teach Reception so its so hard to get back into the NC.

Does anyone know or know where i could find out about food regulations regarding parents coming in to cook with groups of children, where do we stand? Do they need to have basic food hygiene certificates? do we need to oversee it? etc

Any help would be great!If you have any other info about bits i could mention that would be great. We are in an Infants school.

Thanks xx

2. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

Contact your local D+T adviser or another coordinator in the area.
    In my school the teacher would be supervising any adult in the room and ensuring basic hygiene requirements - what would you do if a parent offered to help with a class party? there's no real difference.
    mail me beckton.boy@hotmail.co.uk I have a basic curriculum map (we don't really cover D+T properly but fairly well), some basic assessment sheets, evaluation sheets, some planning on food topics I think.

3. hey becton boy i have e-mailed you.
    Thanks
    safiyyah

4. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

got it and mailed you back.... with a coordinator's toolkit.

5. Thanks so much, it was really helpful :)