1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dry January - feel so much better and gutted

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Toomuchtooyoung, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Toomuchtooyoung

Toomuchtooyoung Occasional commenter

I enjoy a glass of wine with my dinner. At most I will have 2 but generally I won't have more than one bottle a week. I decided to give dry Jan a go, mainly because I need to lose quite a bit of weight, so would have to kick the wine anyway. 15 days in and I can't believe the difference, I sleep so much better, my skin is better and I've got lots more energy. Thing is I'm gutted, I love my glass of wine, now I'm wondering if I can go back to it when I know what it's doing to me.

2. skellig1182

skellig1182 Senior commenter

It’s a slippery slope! I think you have to be quite strict. I used to wait till the weekend but then I realised I had my best sleep at the weekend because I could have a lay in. This meant I was sabotaging that by drinking on those nights when my body could really rest and heal. It led me to think when is a good time to drink?

So I’m pregnant now and haven’t had a sip since September! Missing it but will I drink next xmas? Yes:D but I’m not sure how to structure it. It’s true that you are a million times healthier for not drinking. Maybe I’ll just save it for social evenings or special occasions. xx

Toomuchtooyoung likes this.
  3. Toomuchtooyoung

If they just made decent non alcoholic wine, I’d be sorted.

4. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

Ohhhh, I always tell myself that one glass of red wine every day (or every couple of days) is good for me.

I might try this....

5. Toomuchtooyoung

Be careful what you wish for ...