1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Drug dealing

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Doitforfree, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

Apparently drug dealing is once more widespread in our village. A friend who lives next to the park sees the same car every night, and the dealers up in the orchard area. The park keeper clears up drug paraphernalia every day. But the police won't come, even though everyone knows where the dealing is happening and multiple people have told the police. I don't want this to be more police bashing, but is it really unreasonable to expect them to act when they know exactly where and when a crime is being committed? Or is it pointless? And is there anything else that can be done? Just letting it happen can only lead to an increase, and isn't protecting the vulnerable members of society.

alex_teccy and Nealswife like this.
  2. hs9981

hs9981 Lead commenter

I guess you could class an orchard as a 'kind' of wood.

Reach out to some of the TES'ers on here who were setting the booby traps in the woods a few months ago for the bikers!

3. LiamD

LiamD Occasional commenter

What drugs are you referring to?

sbkrobson likes this.
  4. Nealswife

Nealswife Occasional commenter

Some years ago, I reported sexual exploitation in the garages under the place where I worked - no one touched that...it was awful to see young women, miserable looking with DOMs and leaving with a car hanging about to check them. The police told me 'not good for community relations'....but ok for kids to look on and be 'reeled' into the filthy traps. That was some time ago.

I rented my flat out and the tenant put the drugs in the window - my neighbours contacted me...I went round there, tenant had gone to Budpest for 3 months; the police station opposite my flat. They would not allow me to touch the drugs to bring to them! I would have been charged with possession and theft. Madness - the dealer got away with it and I got rid of him.....by threatening to move in with him!

5. ACOYEAR8

ACOYEAR8 Star commenter

Some photocopied pictures of drugged people (alive or dead) taped to lampposts. " Missing - out on life, family and friends"
    Reward - money, employment and meaning to your life.

Nealswife likes this.
  6. angiebabe

angiebabe Occasional commenter

In the past I have regularly witnessed drug dealing on the streets. It has always puzzled me that if ordinary citizens knew what was happening then how come the police didn’t. It’s not as if policemen/women live on another planet, they are part of communities too.

alex_teccy, Doitforfree and Nealswife like this.
  7. CheeseMongler

CheeseMongler Lead commenter

Maybe they had hit their targets for June and so are saving this drug dealer in case they need some extra numbers to fill their quota for July.

Nealswife likes this.
  8. Nealswife

Sounds cynical but I am beginning to feel they have to prioritize their work - budgets and cuts.

Still better than in Spain where a crime linked to McCann case was reported to local police, who just asked what WE were wearing and told us we should go home! Office was like a prison on El Passo, a few sweaty men, whirring fans, paper piled with stones on and a radio....and flies.

9. alex_teccy

alex_teccy Star commenter

It’s clear that the police in the U.K. have become to politicised to function.
    Currently in the England and Wales 97% if burglaries go unsolved.
    Only 4% of robberies at knifepoint are solved. And if your car gets nicked the figure drops to 2%.
    Their priorities are now to enforce liberal metropolitan dogma, investigating hundreds thousands of “non crime hate speech” cases, bending the knee, getting on board with far-left agendas such as trans and BLM extremism.

10. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

The recently-departed student druggies were responsible for dealers coming into our street. I video'd it, got the car numberplate, sent it to the Police. Their response was that they don't have the manpower to send two officers to sit in an unmarked car in our street all day on the off-chance the dealers would make a visit.

Nealswife likes this.
  11. Morninglover

Morninglover Star commenter

Too busy trying to find evidence to 'prosecute' dead people like Edward Heath! (Or fitting up innocent Black citizens, as discussed on another recent thread!;))

Nealswife and Doitforfree like this.
  12. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Get the local paper to run a story that the police seem uninterested. Some relevant photos (e.g. of drug paraphernalia) would help. Copy the story to you MP and to the Police and Crime Commissioner for the area.

13. Doitforfree

On my bike rides round the local lanes first thing in the morning I quite often see a police van cruising up and down them. I have absolutely no idea what they're doing but I'm fairly sure that any miscreants up to no good are probably still in bed at 9am. They do seem to have time to do stuff, and I don't understand why they won't respond when people give them good intelligence about crimes being committed, over and over again. Which makes me wonder if I'm missing something.

14. Doitforfree

We had to report a theft while on holiday in France last year. In a village smaller than ours there was a brand new police station bristling with antennae and staffed with six police officers!

Morninglover likes this.
  15. Nealswife

OMG - who brain washed you this morning? As a lefty, no police came to my help, even if I was wearing trousers on the day! What's your race rant got to do with this?

16. alex_teccy

alex_teccy Star commenter

What brainwashing:rolleyes:
    You said yourself that the police told you that dealing with(possibly)underage prostitution would not “be good for community relations”.

Do a fact check. Everything I wrote is truthful.

The police are judged on their crime Statistics. Sitting behind a desk investigating “hate speech” on Twitter is a good deal easier than catching actual criminals.

17. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

FG's on the right track here. Getting the issue publicity and getting community pressure brought to bear is what gets things like this moved up police priority. Local petitions. Get you local councillors involved. Keep on doing that if nothing happens initially.

I'm afraid that on your own you won't get the police to do anything.

Photographing the drug dealers at work is not recommended unless you are keen to be a victim of assault or worse.

Do some research into how other communities have got police to act.

Be aware that a stock police response is 'all it does is move them on somewhere else' which from an area policing point of view achieves nothing but from the point of view of your neighbourhood achieves a lot! So prepare your case for a publicity campaign to be able to counter that.

Nealswife likes this.
  18. circuskevin

circuskevin Established commenter

I started the community garden outside the play area at the end of our road 3 and a half years ago. A case of doing a lot of clearing undergrowth to start with. It quickly became apparent the house next to the park was full of drug dealers. Cars were forever pulling up and 'deals' were done.

All of a sudden in April they disappeared never to return. They may have felt uncomfortable with my habitual presence.

19. shakes1616

shakes1616 Established commenter

The police are too busy trying to ruin the lives of professionals by making up non conviction disclosures on their DBSs if there is any minor incident. The incident that lost me my job was written up by the police FOURTEEN MONTHS later and only because I needed it for a hearing otherwise it would probably never have been written up. The written up two statements were utter nonsense except they admitted I had not done anything (wrong). Yet they reported it to DBS suggesting it was a serious matter. LOL. I had to laugh even though it wasn't funny what they were doing. Still, I suppose it gives some school leaver a job nowadays, being a copper.

alex_teccy likes this.
  20. Nealswife

You put your life at risk, trust me as I tried to break up a sex ring and my car was slashed! Drugs become a nuisance when the turf wars begin....and addicts begin to commit crimes. It will happen, in time.