1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

drones over gatwick

Discussion in 'Personal' started by nizebaby, Dec 20, 2018.

1. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

Great for (some) types of photographers.

Dragonlady30 likes this.
  2. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

The desire to see if one's roof needs repair?

3. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I wondered that.

4. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

The builders I employ on the estate I manage don't sod about with drones. They turn up with a scaffold tower, find out what's going on and fix it. I only ever call them in when I know a repair is required.

5. newposter

newposter Occasional commenter

My solution - use the airport fire brigade to aim their high powered water at it.

grumpydogwoman likes this.
  6. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

It has just cost my friends an absolute fortune to rebook flights to USA for Christmas without waiting days for reallocated flights that would have cost them half of their break.

Their perception from being there was it was a local air noise/ pollution etc protest.

7. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

Nomad, I've got my fingers crossed for you and your holiday. :) :) :)

8. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

It's only a matter of time before drones are being used by terrorists. Can you imagine them continuing to be legal when they start buzzing round the Palace of Westminster?

You'd only need to have a few of them with Amazon livery carrying packages labeled "TAX PAYMENT", but in reality carrying bombs and the dozy crowd who run the country would be opening the doors to let the drones inside, like what happened with the Trojan horse.

BetterNow likes this.
  9. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

Lalad Jr was due to fly from Gatwick this morning and spent five hours waiting there until eventually he managed to get his insurance company to agree that he could get the train and fly from Heathrow instead - he's currently waiting to board but said Gatwick was a nightmare.

He's supposed to be flying back to Gatwick on Sunday...watch this space!

10. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

11. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Many thanks.

Flights have been moved to Southend, so hopefully things will be fine.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  12. nomad

nomad Star commenter

More ******* stupid memes.

Yes, posts like these are really ******* useful for those people trying to fly.

:mad::mad::mad:

Photo51 likes this.
  13. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Thank you. Much appreciated. Seems the flights have been moved to Southend so hopefully things will be okay.

Doesn't help the tens of thousands who have been disrupted so far, not to mention the millions in costs to airlines and insurers who, as a consequence will have to hike up prices.

Still, maybe some more helpful political memes from @monicabilongame will help to the resolve the situation for the families waiting for 18 hours plus at Gatwick!

Dragonlady30 likes this.
  14. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Thank you. Appreciated.

15. BetterNow

BetterNow Occasional commenter

Don’t give them any ideas!

I love a good meme, @monicabilongame if you can’t do anything about a situation, then a little humour goes a long way.

16. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Southend is a lovely little airport, nomad. I wish you luck tomorrow.

sparklepig2002 and nomad like this.
  17. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Thank you. Appreciated. It will be the first time I have flown from there. I often choose Gatwick as the train runs there directly right through London.

sparklepig2002 likes this.
  18. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

Assuming that the powers-that-be catch the trouble maker, what punishment would you feel would be appropriate?

nomad likes this.
  19. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

20. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

Safe journey nomad.

border_walker, nomad and Dragonlady30 like this.