1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Drone apps?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by oldsomeman, Sep 27, 2020.

1. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

No, not to help me talk more boringly.! lol
    My son bought me a drone for a pesent a year ago and to my shame i was so busy, ill or working i didnt have time to use it.
    Now i have lost the bit of paper which tells me which software to download. Because its not well known make i am unsure what to use,
    I assume its a reasonable Chinse clone but want to ask what app i can use, Not sure if any of you good folks have any experience in these areas and where there is a universal phone app,Mines the sort you attach the i phone to the controller,tts the software bit that goes in the phone I need,
    Any help ,advice or ideas please?
    Thanks
    Oldy

2. colacao17

colacao17 Lead commenter

I can't help directly, but I often find that by searching online for user manual or user guide I can find the info I need.

If it has any branding mark on it at all you will probably find info on the manufacturer's/seller's site. If that doesn't help. google something basic like "drones buy" and look at the images search result for one which looks like yours.

If all else fails, I have a friend who was big into drones a while back and who now works at / runs a flying academy where they also teach people to fly drones. If you PM me a photo he might be able to identify it.

3. burajda

burajda Star commenter

Just wondering, what are going to do with.your drone as you live in an urban area? There are drone nerds who meet at weekends on the open ground near Chingford station who could probably help you.

oldsomeman and colacao17 like this.
  4. modelmaker

modelmaker Star commenter

Your best bet is to see if you can find a drone forum. There's bound to be a few. My experience of Chinese computer-controlled machinery has been that there are countless companies producing essentially the same thing from a generic design. By that I mean some are better built and finished than others, but they all use the same generic software to run them.

5. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Out of curiosity olds, who are you planning to assassinate?

[​IMG]

oldsomeman likes this.
  6. burajda

burajda Star commenter

Or you can attach a camera and snake on your neighbours if they have illegal extensions, breaking the rule of 6, using a hose pipe, growing cannabis, etc

7. oldsomeman

I will do that thanks as soon as I find where I have safely stowed it lol, Thanks for the offer most grateful,
    I was supposed to use it on my holidays of photographic days but not had either lol

8. oldsomeman

cheers I will look into that as I need someone to help me to not send it up out of sight lol

9. burajda

burajda Star commenter

If you can handle a simple game console controller you should be fine.

10. oldsomeman

I have never, never handled a game controller! lol