1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

driving in france

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Mad dog, Jul 24, 2011.

  1. Mad dog

    Mad dog New commenter

    Do you still need a green card?
  2. From the AA...

    When you're driving in the European countries listed above you can use
    your Certificate of Motor Insurance instead of a Green
    Card. The Green Card (or International Motor Insurance
    Card) is an internationally recognised document which indicates that, as
    the holder, you have the minimum insurance cover required by law in the
    country you are visiting. You do not need a green card for driving in
    the EU, Iceland, Norway, Switzerland, Croatia or Liechtenstein.

    I have automatic comprehensive European insurance cover for 90 days on my insurance, so just take my certificate with me, but it's worth phoning your insurance company to check.
  3. Anonymous

    Anonymous New commenter

    And you need to carry fluorescent waistcoats in the car as well.

  4. No.
    But you do need a warning triangle and a fluorescent vest, which has to be in your car, not in your boot.
    And remember that the same rule applies as in Germany - rechts vor links, or priorité a droite. Right before left.


Share This Page