1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dress up Thursday

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BelleDuJour, Apr 9, 2020.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Apparently this is what we should be doing. Dressing up, hair, heels, make-up (last 2 maybe not for the boys!) every Thursday during lockdown to help us feel better about ourselves.
    Well..............I've actually enjoyed not wearing so much as a scrap of make-up (@nomad can vouch for that after video call the other evening! :eek:), hair and nails a mess and just spending my days in jodphurs and wellies/riding boots. The biggest decision I make is what colour jodphurs to wear!
    So sorry folks but no..............Dressed up Thursday is not for me.
    However, once lockdown is over I shall look forward to dressing up for drinks and lunch/dinner with all my lovely family and friends whom I am missing very much.

2. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

I'm not wearing anything, having just had a shower!

Lidnod and BelleDuJour like this.
  3. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

353D0B3A-CF5A-4301-93A8-2B766E307B50.jpeg

sabrinakat likes this.
  4. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter

Dress up, don't think my wardrobe contains anything for dress up. I live in jeans and sweat shirts and even older trousers if I'm gardening. Thinking this is a good opportunity to restyle my hair as it will be much longer when we eventually get out of lockdown.

BelleDuJour likes this.
  5. BelleDuJour

Yes......giving us all a change to restyle our hair! I no longer have a fringe, so will give that look a go, but I'd never have grown it out otherwise.
    Mr Belle is rocking the 'corona-beard' look as he is not shaving at mo.............I rather like it!

6. Ivartheboneless

I got dressed realising I was a bit cold, after the steam stopped rising. Usual scruff; fleece and tracky bottoms. But colour coordinated with red fleece with dark grey panels, black trackies, red socks. Eat yer heart out Jean Paul Goatier!

jellycowfish and BelleDuJour like this.
  7. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

I was planning to get dressed up today. (Well brush my hair and put on clean clothes, maybe a touch of mascara.)
    But that was to go for a meal at our favourite Indian restaurant and to the theatre and was planned well before the world had even heard of coronavirus.

Doesn't quite seem worth it to have a Waitrose meal deal curry and watch the RSC live video DVD thing.
    PJs it is then.

sabrinakat and BelleDuJour like this.
  8. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

I always have a bit of lippy and mascara on.

When Mr D was carted off in an ambulance, a couple of years ago - suspected heart attack, which turned out to be a panic attack - I had to quickly apply both, before following the ambulance (we needed the car to get home)

That'll be the case when they come for me. "Hang on, chaps...!"

9. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

That'll be the (Thurs)day! But husband has moved into shorts.

10. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Oh goody! I've been wanting to finally put this again on for weeks now
    [​IMG]

11. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

I LOVE applying my make up - my equivalent of dressing up

Dunteachin likes this.
  12. knitone

knitone Lead commenter

I find that painting the outside of our house has given me a liberal spattering of white masonry paint. It is certainly a look.

13. Ivartheboneless

Ooh! You suave devil you!

knitone likes this.
  14. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Ive got dressed. What more do you want.

15. BelleDuJour

That's about it for me too @Aquamarina1234!

16. Ivartheboneless

;)Well I could slip into some bondage gear. I mean we are all sort of "tied up" at the moment aren't we?

17. Grandsire

Grandsire Star commenter

I've been gardening so I have my paint-splattered joggers on, and a t-shirt the moths seem to have given up on half-way through. I can't remember when I last brushed my hair (it's short enough that a quick flick means I'm done) and I don't actually own any make-up.

I did refuse to join a video-call this morning, though, not because of the way I look but because of the state of the house... Hey, but the garden looks amazing!

18. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

Does wearing a clean pair of jeans count as dressing up?

Grandsire and Wotton like this.
  19. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

I've (finally) changed my teeshirt today. That's as good as it gets.

20. Dodros

Dodros Star commenter

From a Winnipeg newspaper: How Canadians dress during lockdown:
    [​IMG]