1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dreams

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by hltasherry, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Just thought I would start this thread.

What dreams have you had about starting in September?
    I dreamt that I forgot how to take the register and it was alsmost breaktime when the office lady came to see why I hadn't returned it! Was really paniking what to put for dinners and packed lunches!
    Also had a dream that Ofsted came in the first week and that as the NQT they wanted to observe all my lessons :(
    Still can't wait to start though just will really badger the office about the registers before the kids come in LOL...

2. Just thought I would start this thread.

What dreams have you had about starting in September?
    I dreamt that I forgot how to take the register and it was alsmost breaktime when the office lady came to see why I hadn't returned it! Was really paniking what to put for dinners and packed lunches!
    Also had a dream that Ofsted came in the first week and that as the NQT they wanted to observe all my lessons :(
    Still can't wait to start though just will really badger the office about the registers before the kids come in LOL...

3. I keep dreaming that my GCSE classes just go wild and trash the classroom! Starting to feel terrified about September!

4. katnoodle

katnoodle New commenter

I had a horrible one last night that my new form group turned wild over the summer and I literally couldn't keep control of any of them on the first day back. They were so awful that I forgot we were meant to go and photos done in the hall first thing, and by the time I got them there we were hours late and all the other teachers were giving me filthy looks! Really unsettling, but hopefully really daft too.

5. I often find that I have VERY wierd dreams around the time I start a new job but so far I haven't had any crazy ones! I'm not sleeping at all well though, so maybe that is why! Too stressed to dream!

6. Chazette

Chazette New commenter

I've been having the same dream every night for about a week now :(
    All the worst pupils from each of my classes over the PGCE placements are all in one class and I'm trying to teach them. They're trashing the classroom and then start beating the hell out of each other and anytime I try to say anything/intervene I just get laughed at. :(
    I know its just me stressing about my disciplinary skills, but I still wake up at 3am without fail over it :(
    <sigh>

7. I had a very surreal one last night...I had gone into school next week before the kids start to try and get my room sorted and someone told me I had to go to a different room - when I got there it was a Samba class taken by Dumbledore for all the kids as an enrichment activity and they had sent me there because they thought I was a pupil I looked so young. They wouldn't believe me that I was a teacher and wouldn't let me leave so I ran out of the room into the corridor but then all the rooms turned into the Samba class room and I vividly remember that I was wishing for the room of requirement so I could hide but it didn't appear. I managed to hide on a tour about how they were rebuilding Hogwarts after Cedric Diggory's death but by the time I got to my classroom (which had moved again) all the kids were leaving with their timetables and everyone was shaking their heads at me.

Hopefully the only legitimate concern in this dream is that I do look young and people might mistake me for a teenager!

And I definitely need to cut down on the cheese before bed!

8. I had a dream where I was getting married and when I got to the venue all my family were sat at the back. I said 'what are you all doing at the back, you're supposed to be at the front' but they said there was no room at the front :/ by the time I got to the front I realised all the seats were taken by my new class because it was a school trip to my wedding!!
    very very weird! xx

9. I've also had some very weird dreams or are they nightmares?!
    I've also dreamed that I've walked into a new class and when I look around I see faces of all the difficult kids from all year groups and all my placement schools, with the Head teacher of my new job checking up on me- very unsettling.
    I'm sure for most of us it's anxiety but I wish everyone all the best!
    Jx