1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dreaming about failing Ofsted!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by impulce, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Two nights in a row now (and during the holidays at that!) I have had a recurring dream about failing Ofsted! During the first, I broke down under the pressure/interrogation about data and started crying and screaming and quit teaching. During the second, I had 3 disastrous lesson observations in a row - I had no planning, and spent 99% of the lessons getting them to sit down and listen. I then started crying and screaming and quit teaching again. Do you think they're trying to tell me something!?
    I have had Ofsted on the brain since September now - It'll be my first and I am also SLT so feel under a lot of pressure not to let the school down. I've also had two observations at Satisfactory when everyone else got Good and whilst I know that shouldn't get to me, it makes me feel that I shouldn't be SLT when I am the weakest teacher.
    We've had a lot of changes in leadership at school and lots of problems, so are likely to get NTI or SM. The waiting/worrying is starting to take over my life and even though I am still enjoying time with friends/family and outwardly look fine, I CONSTANTLY have this little knot of uncertainty in my stomach - I can't remember the last time I felt entirely relaxed. It's starting to really get to me, and I would actually quit this job and jump straight into something easier if I could afford to!
    I don't know why it is affecting me this much - normally Im quite good at just telling myself "It's just a job!" but now these dreams have started! Grrr.

2. Have a checklist. Work out everything you need to do for Ofsted, write it down and when it's done tick the box.
    Writing a list means you're not carrying it all round in your head - if something else occurs to you, on the list it goes.
    Good luck.

3. If it helps, I am constantly dreaming that I'm being observed and haven't got any of my resources ready, the books aren't marked and the lesson is a disorganised mess!
    It hasn't happened in reality yet, I am sure it won't for you [​IMG]