1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dream Package

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by hb74, Sep 22, 2018.

1. hb74

hb74 New commenter

Now in post a full 2 and a half weeks in a mainstream school, the question that keeps coming in my head is, what would be the dream package for our sen pupils?

Clearly money constraints would never allow, and any package would need to be tailored to the individual child. But say I could have anything, what sort of utopia things would be in place for a child with an ehcp for autism or adhd or high level anxiety or dyslexia, etc?

Any thoughts on this dream world?

2. Flanks

Flanks Senior commenter

Thinking is back to front. A package should not be required, a whole school adjustment to resourcing, class size and teacher training is the 'dream package' that would work. Everything else we do day to day is just part of making square pegs fit in round holes.

minnie me likes this.
  3. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Agree - flexibility, accountability, skilled, competent , sympathetic workforce, students valued for their contribution to the setting .... don’t think this is too much to ask ?