1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dream equipment list and why?

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by Sherbear320, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Sherbear320

Sherbear320 New commenter

Hi,

I am in the lucky position of working in a boys private school setting up a steam program, bias towards computer science!! Years 7 to 13, I have a ridiculous and I mean positive ridiculous budget, I know what I think would be great, but I would like other people's opinions as it is only me to bounce ideas off:

So far I have looked at
    • Turing Tumble
    • Sphero
    • Nao
    • Potato Pirates
    • VR
    Any and every idea welcomed I want to make the programs I design fun interactive and be able to foster project and problem based learning.

Thanks for your help

SherBear

2. neddyfonk

neddyfonk Lead commenter

I had not heard of any of the products mentioned - probably because they are fairly new but if you ignore the $100 price tag for a few dozen bits of moulded plastic - the Turing Tumble looks like an interesting way to introduce logic / binary and potentially coding. I bet someone out there will create a workalike ( carefully avoiding lookalike/patent violation ) at a fraction of the price.

3. ronnieg

ronnieg New commenter

We have Nao, Sphero and Class Vr and would recommend all three - we have a new sphero which look pretty good so maybe hang on for that. The class VR headset is linked to a website called co-spaces which allows students to create their own VR though you will have to subscribe to co-spaces also to do this

4. robwilktes

robwilktes New commenter

A set of touch Chromebooks for each student and teachers trained in how to use them effectively.

Teachers will love them.