1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dreading it

Discussion in 'Personal' started by bed, Aug 25, 2011.

1. bed

bed New commenter

Am I the only one thoroughly dreading the thought of returning to school?
    I get knots in my stomach and tension pains across my shoulders and in my head.
    I wasn't good end of last term and have been improving during the hols R n R - but the thought of returning
    it's setting me back

Am I the only one?

2. bed

bed New commenter

Am I the only one thoroughly dreading the thought of returning to school?
    I get knots in my stomach and tension pains across my shoulders and in my head.
    I wasn't good end of last term and have been improving during the hols R n R - but the thought of returning
    it's setting me back

Am I the only one?

3. I very much doubt it. People will dread it for lots of reasons so you shouldn't feel alone or abnormal. But does that help? Is there anything specific worrying you that people can help with?

4. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

In a way I am... Basically, I'm really looking forward to getting back, being busy, being in the classroom doing the job. I'm just dreading the workload, the planning, and allllll the paperwork that just seems endless. So much so that I keep thinking I should start planning and then find something else to do!

5. I am in a big flap about going back to work. The thought of it is filling me with dread and making me feel so ill.
    Last term was horrendous and we know it will be worse next term. It's a shame, because I actually love teaching....it's all the other b@ll@cks that comes with it!

6. zannar

zannar New commenter

I worry about the uncertainty. What will this Government actually want us to teach and how? How will my LA and head interpret this? Will it mean even more pointless paperwork? How will the increasing number of academies, federations etc affect us as a small school( and at the moment very reliant on the support given by various departments in the LA)?
    I just wish they would let us know!

7. catmother

catmother Lead commenter

Back nearly two weeks already uphere and yes,it's as bad as you all fear,I'm afraid!

8. You're definitely not alone. I too feel full of dread, mainly due to my bullying HT. I used to feel ok about returning to work but am now desperately trying to think of ways out of teaching. I only have a few years till retirement but want to enjoy them. It's only a job.

9. I was in a lovely restaurant today -having lunch with my family - when I spotted a clock like the one in the school hall- quite put me off my tagliatelli! How can work get to me so easily!!!