1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Drawing Skills

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by Get_me_outta_here!, Dec 8, 2006.

1. This booklet sounds like a great idea. Could you please forward a copy to the address below. Thanks in advance!
    paul.m.wilson@det.nsw.edu.au

2. Did you eventually get round to doing it? As this thread seems to have gone dead!!!
    Sorry if it seems I am pestering, but I am keen to see your finished booklet
    Many thanks
    CMC1

3. Hi

Please let me have a copy of this booklet and I will be happy to give you feedback.

regards

Tricia

4. Yes please ill help too.

richardeversley@yahoo.co.uk

5. Hi mate, very interesting what you are trying to do. I have a lot of resources (ppt's and worksheets) that cover drawing skills which may be of use to you.

dennis_hughes71@hotmail.com

6. dttrainee

dttrainee New commenter

I didn't actually receive this booklet to put on my site - there is obviously a high demand for it so if you send it over, I can add it. I will also be adding a basic booklet that I have produced for my department along similar lines in the next day or so.

7. hey

I would be very gratefull if somebody would forward me this booklet it sounds great!!!

phulld01@leedslearning.net

thankyou

8. Hi
    I know it is some time since this thread was started but do you still have the booklet? I would love some inspiration!
    It is nice to know other people are in the same boat.
    Thanks
    J
    missralphson @ hotmail.co.uk

9. rosehill

rosehill New commenter

10. I'll dig it back out and see if I have a PDF version available to upload to the TES resource bank.

11. rosehill

rosehill New commenter

12. I'd be interested in that thanks :) We do a short introductory drawing skills module with all yr7s when they arrive so could pass on some of the things that we use for that. I'm looking to develop the current longer 'graphics' module that they will cover later in year 7 as it's pretty irrelevant in parts.
    f.e.mcgregor@gmail.com
    Thank you.

13. I know this post was started ages ago, but discovered it when I was looking for cover work for KS 3 Graphics. I'm actually a textile teacher, but I've been doing supply recently. I'm now covering Graphics for a while and I'm looking for something I could use to develop the graphics module

www.stitchbod.gmail.com

thanks

14. Sorry I meant to ask if you could send it me a copy

15. During half term I will upload the booklet to the resources section of this website. Unfortunately my workload is through the roof at the moment, so when I get a spare hour or two I'll get it sorted.
    I am not going to email it to everyone, so please don't waste your time posting your email address on here. Having originally sent out 46 paper copies of this booklet to individual teachers across the UK I asked only that they gave me some constructive feedback that would help me develop the booklet further. I had 2 replies.
    Due to the 'take, take, take, give nothing back' attitude from QUITE A LOT of people on here it really did leave a sour taste in my mouth and made me wonder if there was any point in helping people out at all.
    Thankfully, I recently had a look at some of the comments which were left by some on the resources section of this website after downloading some of my stuff. Its good to know that people appreciate the hard work that is put in. I don't care if people are critical of my work, at least it gives me a platform to progress from!
    Only recently someone said that they would complete a Powerpoint about Ross Lovegrove if I did one about James Dyson. I fulfilled my part of the deal and uploaded it on this site. After 1 year, I'm still waiting for that person to get back to me.
    I am in contact with a few people on this board via email and they are excellent in sharing their resources. Julian in West Wales being one, Wayne in the Rhondda being another - the few others I forget (I apologise) but you know who you are, and I appreciate everything we exchange, and the replies that you leave on this forum for when I get stuck. I helps me no end!
    I don't apologise for this rant, and I take my hat off to the likes of Helen Hudspith for all her efforts, to V Ryan at technologystudent.com, and Mr K Cooper at mr-dt.com. You are doing an outstanding job.
    Anyway, rant over.

16. That would be great if you still have it, andreawaddell@hotmail.com. Thanks

17. First 17 pages of the booklet have been uploaded to the resources area of this website.