1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Drawing club help!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by MissMcC, Sep 13, 2017.

1. MissMcC

MissMcC New commenter

Dear all,

I have volunteered to run a drawing club at my school which will be for KS2. The club runs for an hour (sometimes slightly more) so I need things that are either multiple little things or some bigger things that will take up the entire session.

I started last week with teaching them how to draw a face and this week I will try to teach drawing animals.

Also I do not have smartboard or projector available in the room I'll be in.

Any ideas?!

Thank you in advance

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

These are a great set of books.
    How to draw...
    You can probably get a pack from the book people or some such.

3. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Lead commenter

4. pwtin

pwtin Senior commenter

You need to start with the basic elements of drawing, look this up and build from there.

5. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

I would start with experimenting with lots of different pencils, from HB to 6B and explore mark making with them. Practise shading from really dark to light, like paint charts. This would be my ideal club to run .... but I know I'll be doing spelling and grammar study group, which is far more difficult to make exciting!