1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Drawer labels

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Robin65, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Robin65

Robin65 New commenter

I want to make some drawer labels for my new year 2 class for things like Fuzzy felt, puzzles etc and I am looking for some drawer labels. Any ideas? I hvae looked at ********** but they seem mainly for Foundation areas rather different resources in KS1.

2. Robin65

Robin65 New commenter

I want to make some drawer labels for my new year 2 class for things like Fuzzy felt, puzzles etc and I am looking for some drawer labels. Any ideas? I hvae looked at ********** but they seem mainly for Foundation areas rather different resources in KS1.

3. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

I took digital photographs of whatever was in my trays and wrote under it as well (I have a mixed Y1/2 class). It took AGES but it looks really good now and the children can always find what they want - even my EAL children.

4. Robin65

Robin65 New commenter

Good idea, but they tend to do that for lower down in the school and was thinking of something a bit different.

5. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

Just because they do it lower down the school doesn't mean you should dismiss it. I don't know what your intake is like but do you have children who cannot read more complex words? Do you have any EAL? By using labels that are not pictorial as well as written you are effectively discriminating against them when they are trying to access resources. (Just a thought)

Of course, if you have a higher level intake than ours then that is different.

6. Robin65

Robin65 New commenter

Most of the children read very well, but I do take your point. I was hoping for a more clipart type label not just words. If I wanted just text I could make them from the ********** labels.

7. is there nothing on sparklebox2? Also try resource bank on here try searches using tray labels as well as drawers as both words are used

8. From the dates of the posts I am too late but just incase you are updating your drawer labels I have made and used these in my classroom... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290585654021&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT
    [​IMG]

9. ****** has them. There are lots on there. I suspect Tpet would have them too. They have the word and am image.