1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Drama teaching abroad

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by Tinyfairy, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Tinyfairy

Tinyfairy New commenter

Does anyone currently teach Drama in an International School? I am looking to move to China and have two years teaching experience (secondary drama) and was wondering if anyone could give me any tips on how to find a job in an international school?
    Thanks

2. Tinyfairy

Tinyfairy New commenter

Does anyone currently teach Drama in an International School? I am looking to move to China and have two years teaching experience (secondary drama) and was wondering if anyone could give me any tips on how to find a job in an international school?
    Thanks

3. 1) Search the forum for a similar question posted barely a week ago
    2) Search for job advertisements in the same way as you would for any post - try the JOB part on here would be a great start
    3) Apply

4. Tinyfairy

Tinyfairy New commenter

Thanks very much for this, it's really helpful.
    Can you give me any advice with my application? For example do International school's look for particular qualities or interests that may differ to Uk schools?

5. SMT dude

SMT dude New commenter

Have a look at the IB web sites and any other information you can find about their programmes, not just in Theatre Arts but also in Text and Performance. Ideally try to make contact with someone who has taught these - perhaps someone reading this will feel inspired to PM you, or perhaps again you should repeat the question in a couple of weeks' time when people are returning from holidays.
    Find out about ISTA - the International Schools Theatre Association. All the International Schools who take drama seriously are members of this organisation, which hosts outstanding festivals for students of all ages all over the world. Their site is www.ista.co.uk but for some reason it isn't working for me today.
    Look at the web sites of the International Schools from the regions you are interested in. You will usually find something about their 'take' on curricular and co-curricular Drama, which will set you thinking of new questions and lines of enquiry.

6. Tinyfairy

Tinyfairy New commenter

That's brilliant, thank you so much! I have been on the IB websites and they are very helpful.
    I'll definitely look at the site you suggested and if anyone has taught/does teach the IB in either Theatre Arts or Text in Performance please get in touch so I can pick your brain :)

7. Hi,
    You can use agencies to receive applications from them regarding vacant positions in international schools around the worls. I use Search Associates, you can google them and try to become a member. They are very helpful and through the agency I got a job in an international school.
    Break a leg.
    Eugene