1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Drama Supply

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by Saredycat, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Hi, As a very experienced FE teacher in Drama, my career took a turn and now I am doing Supply in local schools (which I do enjoy). I am fine with the lessons and tackling the children, managing the classes etc but the school I am at is my first taste of secondary school. The current teacher is off with stress and the school want to keep me on until July. I am pleased of course and have no problem in teaching the GCSE part. However, all the other year groups have Drama too and I need guidance as to what to teach. Maybe I am looking into this too deeply - I have taught to a specification for years ieg BTEC or A level etc. However, I have been teaching a wide range of things with the children so far - incorporating acting skills etc/impro etc. I haven't just been playing 'games'. I have bought a variety of books and looks at a variety of websites to see if there is guidance as to when I assess (I do assess regularly), and is there a specification for KS/KS4?? Crazy question but guidance is what I need?? Thanks

2. I hope you have looked at this website.
    Assessment will be down to the school's requirements - there are no end of KS3 levels required to be submitted.
    Is that a typo? There is no KS3 spec. KS4 obviously depends on the exam board for GCSE.
    Mail me through the website if you have specific queries.

3. Hi,
    Many thanks for the link - I have not been on that particular website and will certainly be looking now! Yes the last part is a typo!! Sorry....I had typed the last bit mega quick as the bell was going!! Once again, thank you.