1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Drama script for 3 girls?

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by smokeypink127, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Hi. Not a comedy so you might not be interested but ..... The Maids by Jean Genet is a really interesting text. If you don't know it there are two maids who serve an uppitty mistress - and in the plot one maid plays the madame and the other plays the other maid (her sister) in addition to their own roles (not as much scope for the Madame). What's your qualification? What level are the girls (GCSE or GCE?)

2. Vanities is a comedy-drama stage production written by Jack Heifner. It is brilliant. There are 3 girls and they play cheerleaders in high school. x

3. Mad dog

Mad dog New commenter

teechers perhaps

I did a cut down version of Metamorphosis last year - just have Gregor, Mrs and Greta and split dad's lines

Have a member of staff walk across as the chief inspector / lodgers

4. Thanks, I really like the idea of cutting down Metamorphosis, it's a fantastic play and could be the perfect challange for the three girls. Will see what they think of that suggestion.

Thanks [​IMG]

5. Thanks for the suggestion, this play looks like fun, I know that a lot of my year 11 girls will enjoy this play, so will probably translate for them, thanks for your suggestion [​IMG]

6. I love The Maids, and have had boys perform scenes from the play in the past, and they've really enjoyed it! I also feel that there isn't as much scope for Madame. The girls are GCE level. Might go with an edited version from a Berkoff play, unless there is anything else that stands out, thanks for your help

7. Tissue by Louise Page, Adult Child/Dead Child by Claire Dowie and Bogus Woman (can't rem!)