1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Drama - progression in learning

Discussion in 'Primary' started by kettlebabes, Nov 5, 2011.

1. I'm needing a bit of help! I am planning a lit lesson for an obs by my HT, following my medium term planning I would be doing drama linked to our class text for that lesson. I'm happy with doing that with my Y3 class and when I have done this with them previously they have worked in mixed ability groups with a LO linked to speaking and listening. This time my LO will be connected with the LO from PNS 'Use some drama strategies to explore stories or issues.' I am concerned about how I will show progression in their learning. I am doing a 'readers theatre' lesson and they will be ( I hope!) developing their script from the actual text. I think I am probably getting myself in a muddle unnecessarily but can't quite find the answer myself to my question about ensuring learning is progressing! Also, what about differentiation if they work in mixed ability groups??? Any help to clarify things for me would be much appreciated. Thanks.

2. I'm needing a bit of help! I am planning a lit lesson for an obs by my HT, following my medium term planning I would be doing drama linked to our class text for that lesson. I'm happy with doing that with my Y3 class and when I have done this with them previously they have worked in mixed ability groups with a LO linked to speaking and listening. This time my LO will be connected with the LO from PNS 'Use some drama strategies to explore stories or issues.' I am concerned about how I will show progression in their learning. I am doing a 'readers theatre' lesson and they will be ( I hope!) developing their script from the actual text. I think I am probably getting myself in a muddle unnecessarily but can't quite find the answer myself to my question about ensuring learning is progressing! Also, what about differentiation if they work in mixed ability groups??? Any help to clarify things for me would be much appreciated. Thanks.