1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Drama PGCE?

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by Daniiiii, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Daniiiii

Daniiiii New commenter

Hello,

There don't seem to be a lot of Drama PGCE courses. Can I find out a bit more about how current Drama teachers firstly gained experience in schools, and how they ultimately got their current job?

Thanks!

2. DYNAMO67

DYNAMO67 Lead commenter

Because there is not a big demand for teachers....

3. paigecooper1

paigecooper1 New commenter

I'm not a current Drama teacher, as I am currently completing my PGCE, but I thought I might be of use! I went to an Open Day in Birmingham re: Drama PGCE's and the majority of institutions put me off. They were largely unhelpful or negative. Luckily, I did my own research and found that there were more School Direct options for Drama. I am now in a School Direct placement and couldn't be happier. Although, as you mentioned, there aren't a lot of courses, so it might be worth looking into other options!

4. tracy_goodyear

tracy_goodyear New commenter

Hi Daniii,

Great that you're considering a career in teaching. I'd be happy to support you with this. Check out my website: www.englishrescue.co.uk

5. raychelwood57

raychelwood57 New commenter

Check out Schools Direct or School Centred Initial Teacher Training courses. I'm currently on a SCITT course in Leeds and it's great. I spend 4 days a week in a school and just one at Uni untill the end of November then, completely at the school the rest of the year.