1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Drama PGCE - does a 2.2 make a difference

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by roseannanna, Sep 12, 2012.

1. I am a Drama and Theatre arts graduate with a 2.2 currently working as a teaching assistant in a secondary school and supporting lots of performing arts lessons.
    I am wanting to apply to do a PGCE in Drama but I am concerned of the competition to get into a pgce due to having a 2.2 rather than a 2.1 or a 1st!

Do you think experience or degree level matters more in getting a place on a PGCE?

2. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

Depends on where you apply. Some places will eliminate applicants on degree class, others will happily accept a 2.2

3. I know that BCU don't look at applicants for the PGCE with a 2:2 but other places might well do.

4. I graduated from the PGCE at Central School of Speech and Drama in 2010. I hold a 2:2 undergraduate degree in a non arts subject.

5. I have a 2:2 also but in Performing Arts. I trained in GTP four years ago as a music teacher but am now the subject leader for Drama. If you don't try, you will never know! Apply and see, your experience should stand you in good stead![​IMG]