1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

drama lessons on air travel/flight

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by shoesrule, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Hi

I have to deliver abut 6 lessons linked to the primary curriculum on this topic. I am really struggling as it cannot be space or disaster based. Any ideas would be appreciated. They have done basic drama such as working in role, freze frames and looked at techniques like cross cutting. I also have no proper drama space so its taught in a classroom with chairs and tables. Help! I am really stuck.
    Thanks
    SR

2. How about staring with stories about flight? eg Icarus, Bleriot, Lindbergh, Amy Johnson, Montgolfier brothers, Wright brothers, Empire flying boats and so on. Tell the stories using freeze frames, enactment, news reports etc.
    I came across a couple of techniques on a course that I like: 'Advert Theatre' making up and performing an advert for something, eg an advert for Empire Flying Boats or a ride in Montgolfier's balloon: the 'Drama-clip' like a film clip only live ie a few seconds of drama focussing on a key moment in the story eg the moment Lindberg landed in Paris. You could tell a complete story in drama clips.