1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Drama ideas please

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by Sewerrat, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Sewerrat

Sewerrat New commenter

I will be taking a KS2 class for a couple of days and have to do some drama in their literacy time. I wonder if anyone could suggest some stand alone ideas/themes that I could develop.

2. crusell

crusell New commenter

This is a good resource-http://improvencyclopedia.org/.Split them into groups and get them to perform the games to the rest of the class. At KS2 don't get to complicated.You could also do some stuff on freeze frames and status-think about levels i.e. sitting, standing, lying down and how they present an effective tableau. Concentrate on showing more than verbal.If you do a devised piece limit them to a small amount of words that they can use in the piece.

3. Sewerrat

Sewerrat New commenter

Thankyou,
    that really is a very good website that I had not come across before. Full of really good ideas.

4. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

I hope you find some better suggestions than the nightmare Drama cover lesson I was left for a Y9 group on one notable occasion; "Continue practising your drama piece on the subject of street violence". If I ever cross paths with the teacher responsible for that I'll practice a piece on the subject of street violence with him/her ;-)

5. Sewerrat

Sewerrat New commenter

Thanks Crusell, I took several ideas from that website, adapted them for KS2 and the children really enjoyed doing them.
    Wow Magic, that would be one lesson I would want to miss - one where you hope if you pinch yourself you would find you were only dreaming. That teacher must have been having a laugh or saving the lesson for the next supply victim!