1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Drama as a new course for BGE in school

Discussion in 'Scotland - curriculum' started by akirk, May 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. akirk

akirk New commenter

Hi there,

I'm hoping for some advice and, whilst it is cheeky to ask, resources.
    My grandma always said "don't ask, don't get." so here I am, asking.

Our school wishes to implement a Drama course for BGE students this coming academic year. The school is wanting to embed this at S1 level and lead the students up, eventually hiring a subject specific drama teacher to lead Nat 5 and Higher in a few years. My experience is teaching AQA Drama 6 years ago at a previous school and one of my courses at university; I'm an English teacher by training.

Does anyone have any experience of teaching drama to BGE students? I've looked at the E's and O's and, whilst we do a lot of these in English classes, they want a programme for Drama to continue this - so does anyone have a scheme of work or other sorts of resources that I can have a look at to help me? I am happy to create and share resources as I go. So far, I've created a programme of learning and profiles.

Thank you,
    Ali