1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Drama AQA unit 2 practitioner help

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by KJenkins, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Hi! I am finding it really difficult to marry texts with practitioners. Just when I find a play I think the students would do well, I struggle with a clear practitioner and when I think of a practitioner I struggle to find a text with the right number of parts.
    I have 2 students that would like to do 'The Woman who cooked her husband'. Firstly, would you do this with 2? I think I could edit Laura out altogether or my other idea was to have my female play both Laura and Hilary, although I'm not sure if she's good enough to do this well. Either way - any ideas on a good practitioner?
    I have 4 students doing 'Stoning Mary', if anyone knows it - again an obvious practitioner has not jumped out at me!
    I would be really grateful for any advice.
    Thanks! :)

2. Hi! I am finding it really difficult to marry texts with practitioners. Just when I find a play I think the students would do well, I struggle with a clear practitioner and when I think of a practitioner I struggle to find a text with the right number of parts.
    I have 2 students that would like to do 'The Woman who cooked her husband'. Firstly, would you do this with 2? I think I could edit Laura out altogether or my other idea was to have my female play both Laura and Hilary, although I'm not sure if she's good enough to do this well. Either way - any ideas on a good practitioner?
    I have 4 students doing 'Stoning Mary', if anyone knows it - again an obvious practitioner has not jumped out at me!
    I would be really grateful for any advice.
    Thanks! :)