1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Drama and English teachers, how do you cope with workload?

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by worksleepwork, Nov 7, 2011.

1. I am really drowning at the moment, and wondered if any more experience teachers of Drama and English could help me out. I've just finished my NQT year, and while I've loved it, I'm really struggling to keep up with drama extra curricular demands and the English marking load. Marking English controlled assessments during the week of the school show was a particular low point! I feel like I'm so overwhelmed my drama and english teaching both suffer. Having said all this, I love both subjects, I juts wondered if any drama and english veterans had any wise words to help me cope with this.

2. Don't timetable them to clash in future.
    Some things can be changed, some can't.
    If you are the Servant of Two Masters at the moment, tell each about the demands of the other.
    Marking coursework could be seen as a contractual obligation; the school show isn't.

3. Good answer, Resources. What she said, worksleepwork.

4. Errmm.... the name's Clive.

5. Sorry, Clive. What HE said, worksleepwork.