1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Drama activities for Year 2/3?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by therumpus, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Hi all.

I'm on the lookout for a short-ish drama activity (around 15-20 minutes) that would actually teach the kids drama skills (like establishing roles, using context to inform their roles and acting within these roles). I have practically no experience with drama and have to give a short lesson that is a 'rich activity' - they are Grades 2 and 3.

Has anyone run a lesson like this that was successful with their class? I'm going to try to build a theme around the lesson, but am just clueless about what kind of activity can be that short and still teach them something meaningful!

Would love any ideas!

2. Thanks for the ideas. I wonder if anyone is able to help me a little more - I'm now on the hunt for a shortish (~5 minutes) activity that introduces role to students (Grade 2). I've got an activity, but have now realised it's not "rich" (ie, they're not learning a new skill), so I need to work out a short way of teaching them how to assume role. Would love any suggestions!!!