1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Downton Abbey - predictions?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon3279, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Well, those of you who made some really accurate predictions should be congratulated!
    A few things there that I didn't see coming though.

2. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Senior commenter

What a hoot!
    Great programme... maybe not in the way it was intended!

3. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

First series good.

Second series silly but good for being silly.

Third series prediction: Good for being very bad as in a "Dallas" kind of way. Apologies for those still in the cot during Dallas era.

4. Richie Millions

Anyone remember the Forsythe Saga? And we are not talking Brucie here girlfriends!

5. I Loved the Forsythe Saga. I love Downton buts so predictable - sorry folks. Oh how time passes at Downton. My favourite bits include Matthew (so wet), getting a tingling down below then the next day sprinting across the room. Then there was the fanatastic line said by the Ladies of Downton, 'Since the war ended I have been so bored'. It is like a comfort blanket but daft really. I want to know where the girl with the baby was shacked up? No explanation.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I think her shack must be an old cow shed or similar but we can't pick things apart too much or the whole edifice would crumble.
    I think it's the 'Forsyte' saga and no relation to Bruce.

7. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

I hate Bates. I wouldn't be surprised if he really is a murderer.

8. Richie Millions

Yes Bates = obsequious slime ball

9. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

He has become puffy and unattractive. All those years of living in Larkrise-or was it Candleford with his previous wife and trail of children.

10. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

Not forgetting that he had a pretty hard time in North and South before that...