1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Downloads and sales not adding up

Discussion in 'TES Authors' Group' started by aimeewheeler1, Jan 9, 2019.

1. aimeewheeler1

aimeewheeler1 New commenter

Can anyone help? One of my resources says 96 downloads but I only have 4 sales showing. Why is this? It doesn’t seem to make sense. I then have different figures for the amount earned for the same resource. My royalty, balance and yearly sales also do not make any sense. I’m totally confused.

2. nwilkin

nwilkin New commenter

If the resource in question has more than one file in it then each file that is downloaded is classed as a separate download (I have some resources that have several files so my downloads is much higher than the number of sales for those resources) . Also customers, once they have purchased it, may download it more than once and you sometimes get some customers who download it lots of times as they do not realise it has already been downloaded or are not sure where to get their downloaded files from.

The reason why the amounts you make for the same priced resource is because the VAT and tax rates are different in different countries and if they purchased it in a sale or with a voucher, then that would also account for the varying in your commission for the same priced resource.

The royalty is how much you made since the beginning of the month, the balance is how much you have made since you last withdrew and your yearly sales are the total sales (the price charged, not how much you make personally) in the past 12 months.

Hope that helps.