1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

downloading utube in school

Discussion in 'Primary' started by mrssooty, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Hello,
    I wondered if anyone can help me. I've planned lots of literacy lessons around the poem The highway using clips from utube, but I have now realised I can't download utube in school. Is there anyone who knows a way round this or can help me?
    Thanks

2. Hello,
    I wondered if anyone can help me. I've planned lots of literacy lessons around the poem The highway using clips from utube, but I have now realised I can't download utube in school. Is there anyone who knows a way round this or can help me?
    Thanks

3. Hi,

I use www.zamzar.com which is really simple and quick to use. You don't need a Zamzar inbox, which will cost you money and is unnecessary. On the website, click the tab that says 'Download Videos', copy and paste the Youtube URL into the box, select the format you want (which can be the only glitch with donwoloading from youtube - what formats does your school support? You don't want to find it useless when you go to play it and realise your school can't play FLV. I use AVI.) Then enter your email address and they will send you a link where you can download the clip ready to use. I do this all at home and save it onto my stick as can't access hotmail at work.

Have just used this a moment ago to download the entire series of Simon's cat - the kids love it as an end of afternoon treat! If you haven't heard of it, watch some - never fail to make me smile!

Hope that helps!

4. Keepvid.com

5. I use Freecorder but I don't think it really matters what you use. If UTube is blocked at school, download at home. This is what I do as you can never be sure what school will let you access.