1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Downloaded Application forms format problems

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by d.lee, Apr 9, 2012.

1. I was trying to complete an application form that I had downloaded when I noticed that everytime I filled in one section it sent the formating out eg Address line ran into telephone line , or I could not fill in the boxes with dates or Dfes number etc. Has anybody got any tips on how to overcome these difficulties? I know to those techies out there it must be a simple thing but some of these forms almost need to be edited as you fill them in , is anyone finding this a problem?
    frustrated form filler[​IMG]

2. I was trying to complete an application form that I had downloaded when I noticed that everytime I filled in one section it sent the formating out eg Address line ran into telephone line , or I could not fill in the boxes with dates or Dfes number etc. Has anybody got any tips on how to overcome these difficulties? I know to those techies out there it must be a simple thing but some of these forms almost need to be edited as you fill them in , is anyone finding this a problem?
    frustrated form filler[​IMG]

3. If it is a word file check that there are no restrictions on editing. To do this1) Click on the review toolbar at the top of the open document page2. At the far right you will see Restrict editing so click that IconThis now brings up a message box with several options. If there are no restrictions then the bottom option will say "Start enforcement" and you should be able to modify the document layout. If restrictions are in force then right at the bottom there is an option to "Stop protection".Click this. Be aware though that, if you are asked for a password, you will not be able to make any layout changes to the document.Hope this is helpful

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Looks EXTREMELY helpful to me!

Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    For the full TES Weekend Workshop programme please visit www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars or contact advice@tes.co.uk for one-to-one sessions.

5. Forgot to say - don't start enforcement

6. Thank you ever so much Supply Slave it looks very helpful I will give it a try and let you know how I got on. :)
    Frustrated form filler