1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Downloadable (ideally free) timer?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by minnieminx, Nov 5, 2011.

1. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Does anyone know of a downloadable (ideally free) time that works visually as well as numerically on the IWB? I would like one that also has a 2 min warning type function.

It needs to be suitable for a year 2 class.

Thank you.

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Does anyone know of a downloadable (ideally free) time that works visually as well as numerically on the IWB? I would like one that also has a 2 min warning type function.

It needs to be suitable for a year 2 class.

Thank you.

3. bigbev

bigbev New commenter

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Thank you both. I no longer have smart on my laptop so can't use those. (Don't ask!)

I was hoping for one that shows a sand timer or something for those who wouldn't understand the numbers. I have a few like this and when working in ability groups it would be nice for them to know what is going on as well.

Like the egg timer...maybe just use it as a 'when the timer finishes then you have 2 mins to tidy up' rather than a two min warning.

5. fieryideas.co.uk under freebies have some timers

6. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Fenella, thank you so much. My class loved the sheep alarm on the timer today.

One of my children with very major SEN was fascinated by the idea of a sheep in the laptop (especially as there is no picture) but was also extremely proud of himself to deduce that it must have been a robotic sheep after all.