1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Double Lessons

Discussion in 'Heads of department' started by ks3english, Feb 3, 2011.

1. We are moving to double lessons and I just wanted to gather some ideas about how to use them best. How do people solit the lessons up in a double, what are the advantages etc...

Really appreciate any ideas so I can make this work well.

Lessons are an hour long and will be blocked together to make 2 hour lessons.

thank you in advance

[​IMG]

2. We are moving to double lessons and I just wanted to gather some ideas about how to use them best. How do people solit the lessons up in a double, what are the advantages etc...

Really appreciate any ideas so I can make this work well.

Lessons are an hour long and will be blocked together to make 2 hour lessons.

thank you in advance

[​IMG]

3. Video in the middle! Lots of extension tasks for fast Learners.

4. henriette

henriette New commenter

I love double lessons - the class can really get stuck in to their work (MFL)

5. Make the most of this time and plan some interactive learning activities, how about doing some practical research in your library/resource centre - why not involve your librarian. S/he will be able to worki with you to embed some information litaercy skills, direct you /your students to some of the resources available to you - online databases as well as traditional resources. You could then break up your two hour block with a starter / introduction activity, move into your libarray - have the librarian input into the 'learn a new researhc skill / new resource, have your class do their research, produce the out come ( report/poster/ppt etc), review the sources and results etc. This may very well go over th two hours if you organise it right.