1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Double Dipping

Discussion in 'Personal' started by whitesofa, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Now whilst I understand the nature of not sticking the same finger in the cake mix twice as ' double dipping' I am confused by a sign on the wall on the place where I got my legs waxed last week.
    It said 'No Double Dipping' in a rather large A4 laminated sign. Now just to make it clear, the lady (not great English) uses an electronic sort of appliance which heats the wax inside itself before then dragging it over my leg then the usual ripping off manually. No dipping of anything required, no smearing of wax via spatula or whatever. I checked that there is no normally smearing wax...so what is double dipping?!
    I might venture out and ask next time but she is so lovely and so smiley that I think I may baffle and embarrass her with the question.
    Any ideas?

2. It means no eating cake mix whilst having your legs waxed.

ps ALL chips have to double dipped. It's the law.

3. Double dipping is if there is hot wax with a spatula for application. The spatula should never be dipped back into the hot wax after it has touched skin.

4. Yes that what I thought, but couldn't see 'stuff' to do that with ....and its pretty minimalist, not though being classy but making the most of the space!
    PFF with you on that one, triple dip of it's natcho's....only fair to get it all in one go

5. Well they can't use the roller thing on smaller areas so that is where the pot and the spatula will come in!

6. Ah hum, good point. That was my next venture, once tried 15 years ago and been scared ever since. Unfortunately with the weather I may have to stray from the nair/razor but i have been told you have to take the undies off? God help me with the double dip, might give it a miss and chicken out with the mirror again.

7. Unless you are having absolutely everything off then no you don't need to remove your undies!

8. They use the pot for eyebrows too...im lucky enough to have a beautician friend that does mine for nowt though :)

9. I presume you are unaware that there is a less salubrious connotation to the term "double-dipping"? I'm not surprised that beaulty salons require their clients to refrain from it.

10. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

Have you benefitted or suffered the consequences of such an activity yourself. lil?

11. I'm a strictly one-at-a-time gal, MM. And the back door is one-way-traffic at all times.

12. madenglishgirl

madenglishgirl New commenter

I have had my legs waxed at various salons over the years and they have always 'double dipped'

Naughty

13. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

salacious prose amoral curiosity... this thread may get some hits.