1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Do's, Don'ts, Hints, Tips and Advice for Jobhunting Abroad please!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by jambotalbot, Mar 28, 2016.

1. jambotalbot

jambotalbot New commenter

I'm a male maths teacher, 25 years old, and having taught for 2 years has left me disillusioned about the profession, despite still being very passionate about education!
    I'm quite taken with the idea of working abroad, particularly in Europe (for now) and wondered if anyone out there had any experience, advice or words of wisdom that they could pass on regarding applications and working abroad..
    Thanks!

2. Math-Worksheets-Galore

Math-Worksheets-Galore Occasional commenter

If you want an experience to treasure - go to Cape Town - apply to one of the good State or Independent schools - Maths in demand! Excellent schools - see their websites: SACS (South African College School); Bishops (Diocesan College); Rondebosch; Wynberg; Reddam House; Herschell; Bridge House; Somerset College, etc.

NZ - Auckland especially - Maths teachers in demand.

I am from CT so possibly biased especially towards Reddam House and SACS.

Send your CV - you never know! You may even have housing (or subsidy) offered ...

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

This article has many points also applicable to non-European countries.

Working in a British School in Europe

You could also try posting on the Teaching Overseas Forum

Best wishes