1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Doors

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by Lucilla90, Jan 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Lucilla90

Lucilla90 Occasional commenter

Can’t get in through that one without a code. Can get in, but can’t get out of this one without an electronic fob. Can’t do anything without a master key, but noone knows where it’s gone, at this one!

Need to have your photo taken by a robot and get a bar code to get through these ones. Admin will let you out of this one...if she happens to see you ( her office window is at an angle from the door, meaning she can’t see you unless she gets up.) .

I forever seem to be getting locked in, out or having to run back round to the main entrance! Is it just me?

BetterNow likes this.
  2. JohnJCazorla

JohnJCazorla Star commenter

It's not you. All those useless supply teachers before you (not me either;)) walked out with the key and key fob and Out of Class pass and supply booklet and Pens and anything not nailed down and haven't returned it.

If you want such items then only go to schools in September when the Cover Organiser is not so knackered and fresh resources have just been issued.

agathamorse, Lara mfl 05 and pepper5 like this.
  3. copycat

copycat Senior commenter

No, I know that feeling.
    Recently I was at a school where I had to have a photo printed each day. All of them were horrific and my son insisted on keeping them and sticking them on the kitchen wall!

Lara mfl 05, BetterNow and pepper5 like this.
  4. JohnJCazorla

JohnJCazorla Star commenter

Same for me. The only thing worse than a horrific picture is realising that there's a queue of people building up behind you while you're trying to get that perfect professional image. All that happens is I end up looking harassed and horrific.

BetterNow likes this.
  5. Oldfashioned

Oldfashioned Senior commenter

I was in a school recently in which this happened to me. I had to find convoluted ways of getting round that bypassed the system.

Also had one strange long term in which it was decided 'supply' couldn't have an access badge and had to sign in every day. The front entrance was nowhere near the car park and I'd been there 3 months when they decided to do this. As a result, I hid the pass, after claiming I'd dropped it at reception, and kept it in my pocket. After a week or 2 of me 'forgetting' to sign in (obviously having been let in by another staff member ;) ) they stopped pestering me about it. I saw out the full academic year there and nobody ever thought to question my lack of id or visitor badge.

JohnJCazorla likes this.