1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Don't seem to be able to coordinate mind and body!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by eggnchips, Jun 23, 2012.

1. My head is doing OK these days but I have gained weight. I can recall times when I have lost weight but been a misery.
    Can I have both or am I just being greedy[​IMG]

2. My head is doing OK these days but I have gained weight. I can recall times when I have lost weight but been a misery.
    Can I have both or am I just being greedy[​IMG]

3. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

When I was younger (teenager/early 20s) I was thin, actually very underweight. I had a love/hate relationship with food and would go through diets, binging, starving at a rate of knots. I look back at photos and sometimes think, "oh, I had slim arms once!"

But the moment passes and I remember how miserable I was to boot. I'm not sure you can have both - if you're trying to lose weight then there's something you weren't happy with in the first place, so then it's hard to be happy until you reached the ideal you've set for yourself.

For me, I'm now officially "slightly overweight" (thanks doc!) but I've never been more content in my life.

Also, your username always makes me fancy a plate of egg and chips [​IMG]

4. and yours is making me think of a big cinnamon swirly sugary sticky pastry.