1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

* * * * * Don't miss that pinned thread at the very top!!!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by TheoGriff, Nov 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

UP!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

70 people now contributed, that is AMAZING!

And almost reached the target, too.

We are going to give Tidal a great send off...

3. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

I don't check into TES very often these days so am sad to read that Tidal has died. I actually thought of him randomly last week and wondered how he was as although I did not speak to him personally over the years, I remembered a post where he described how hard it was to stay warm in the winter so he was obviously suffering difficult times at that point. I will head to the donation page and see what I can do.

4. Norsemaid

Norsemaid Lead commenter

Thank you Plymouth maid and nice to hear from you again :)

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Oh he WAS a lovely man!

And every bit extra helps, to help his family and show them how much we appreciated him.

Best wishes

Jamvic and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

✈✈✈

7. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

Good morning all.

Had an email from Tidal's sister, once again thanking the "wonderful, kind hearted Tessers who have contributed, toward the cost of Ade's funeral costs....I offer my heartfelt thanks for all that you have done and the very many wonderful people who have spoken so very highly of my brother Tidal. I am nearly sure he is seeing all of this and his heart is bursting with love."

Our efforts are very much appreciated - and it's good to be able to help lessen the burden a little. So many have contributed, even when they haven't much themselves, so it's a big thank you from me too for your efforts, generosity and willingness to chip in.

As already stated, so that we can try and get the money transferred over as soon as possible, I will be asking for withdrawal of funds after this coming Monday (9th). So if there's anyone out there who is in a position to donate and is willing to do so, here's the link:
    https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/tidal

8. Alceanne1

Alceanne1 Senior commenter

9. catmother

catmother Star commenter

10. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Encore.

11. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

What a wonderful extra donation from Theo.

Any more extra fivers to help with the charges ?

12. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Indeed. what a generous use of that unexpected win. :)

Jamvic and Sundaytrekker like this.
  13. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

Well, you lovely lovely people, we are over the line.

By my calculations, once all the donations have cleared into the justgiving pot, and once the fees have been deducted, the amount going to Tidal's family should be just over £2k.

YOU ARE ALL AMAZING!!!

Thank you.

cissy3, nomad, Duke of York and 5 others like this.
  14. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

Leave it till later today, Monica, in case there are a few more little extra donations.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  15. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I'm on a different computer, which I'm having problems donating. so shall try later.

16. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Excellent news.

Well done to all and thanks to @monicabilongame

17. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Indeed thanks to @monicabilongame who has been doing all the financial admin on this appeal.

And to all the Tessers, present and past, who have been saying their Final Farewell to our lovely Tidal.

He would be after me with his pointy stick if he could see me calling him lovely!

Just need just a few more extra donations to cover the JustGiving site admin fees, so that we can give Tidal's family at least that round £2k.

Best wishes