1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

* * * * * Don't miss that pinned thread at the very top!!!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by TheoGriff, Nov 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

Bumpity bump

2. mothorchid

mothorchid Star commenter

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Up, up and away...✈

Sundaytrekker likes this.
  4. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

5. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

It's brilliant to see that we're now 63% of the way to the target. You've all been paid now and more point, been able to save yourselves a fortune in the Black Friday sales.

Ask yourselves if it would really be such a hardship, if if you donated just a little of the money you save today?

If you save a hundred quid on a new telly. how bleedin' difficult is it for you to spare a bit of your savings on a genuinely good cause?

Trust me, if you help to see Tidal off with a decent funeral, you'll have your best Christmas ever.

HelenREMfan, sparklepig2002 and nomad like this.
  6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Up

✈✈✈✈✈

7. mothorchid

mothorchid Star commenter

8. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Up again ✈✈✈✈

9. Duke of York

Come on you tight lot. Tidal would have been the first to have his hand in his pocket if it was you needing a funeral.

What do you reckon Santa's going to think if he doesn't see your name on the list of donors, as the season of goodwill approaches? What would Jesus think?

I tell you what. When I win the lottery tonight, I'll pay for the funeral all by myself, so you don't have to bother yourselves.

Seriously though, please make a donation. Whatever you can afford. We are part of a community where we often see people asking for help with something or other. Tidal was very generous with the time he gave offering advice. Showing respect for him in this way is the least we can do in return.

HelenREMfan likes this.
  10. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

BUMPity

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  11. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

Fantastic stuff - we've done almost 2/3 of the target figure now, and that's in only 5 days. Do you think we can get to the full amount (I won't change the target again, promise!) in the next week or so? That way it might be possible to get the money over to Tidal's family before Christmas.

12. Duke of York

Yay! The total has gone up to 64% of the target. Thank you for making that happen. If it gets to 99% of the target. I expect there'll be a fight over all those who contributed so far, want to be the one that made it happen.

We don't want to see that happen, do we? We'd never hear the last of it. Beat them to it, is my best advise.

Every small amount helps and you can do it. Honestly you can.

13. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

If you're a private Tidalish sort of person, don't forget that you can do what many of us have done, which is to donate but remain anonymous on the Justgiving page.

14. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

And you are asked if you'd like the amount given 'hidden', if you use your 'known name' but don't want to announce you've only been able to give a small amount and feel mean. Any amount however small is valuable and if sacrificial almost worth more than a large amount from someone more able to afford it. Remember the 'widow's mite'. :)

15. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

It's coming up to Christmas, you'll never be able to send Tidal a card now, but a donation for his funeral would be lovely...

Best wishes

Lara mfl 05 and Weald56 like this.
  16. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

I've adjusted the final target on the justgiving page to reflect reality!

I will be 'closing' it next Monday, 9th Dec, to give enough time to get the money raised to Tidal's family before Christmas.

Therefore, if you are going to donate and haven't yet, please feel free.

Jamvic, catmother, ilovesooty and 2 others like this.
  17. catmother

catmother Star commenter

18. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

✈✈✈✈

19. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

20. dleaf12

dleaf12 Lead commenter

Boink.