1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Don't know what to do?

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by midge49, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Any advice gratefully accepted.

I currently work in a 2 form entry school working alongside a jobshare. I am finding it tough, on one hand I work with someone who doesn't want to work with me or talk to me if they can help it and on the other hand I have someone who relies so very heavily on me telling them what to do all the time.
    Asked for support from the Head and Deputy and they haven't been at all helpful.
    Thinking about next year, stay put and ask for a change (not neccessarily of year but will consider obviously but more of working arrangements-going to be difficult to word correctly without seeming petty).
    Start looking around for new job?
    Obviously, times are hard on the job front so I'm really asking for what others would do really.
    Thanks

2. Any advice gratefully accepted.

I currently work in a 2 form entry school working alongside a jobshare. I am finding it tough, on one hand I work with someone who doesn't want to work with me or talk to me if they can help it and on the other hand I have someone who relies so very heavily on me telling them what to do all the time.
    Asked for support from the Head and Deputy and they haven't been at all helpful.
    Thinking about next year, stay put and ask for a change (not neccessarily of year but will consider obviously but more of working arrangements-going to be difficult to word correctly without seeming petty).
    Start looking around for new job?
    Obviously, times are hard on the job front so I'm really asking for what others would do really.
    Thanks

3. becky70

becky70 New commenter

Request that you don't work with these two again next year, would be my advice. Probably that will mean you changing year groups.