1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Don't give up!!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Waylee, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Hi, I just thought I would share my experiences in case it can help anyone who struggles with interviews like i do! I've really struggled to get a job since qualifying in July and have been pretty down about it, but after following Theo's tips I've just been offered a position! I don't usually post much, but I've been using these forums for help and advice quite a lot. I wasn't massively outgoing at my interview but I was very careful in my research about the school and thought very hard about what specific things the school wanted from a candidate and explicitly expressed these in the interview. I just want to say that if you are like me and interviews don't come naturally to you, don't give up! Just be smart with your preparation and before you go in, remind yourself of why you love teaching, and your enthusiasm will show through the nerves!

2. catherine_ann

catherine_ann Occasional commenter

Congratulations, you must be thrilled! What a way to start the new year! If you want that sparkly star from Theo you will have to start a new thread called 'Dear Theo, I got the job'. Good Luck x

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes!
    Off you go and start it - it gives hope to other posters when they see a new thread like that.
    I'm just off to get my Brasso out to polish up that star.
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars