1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Done my first application for this year

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Moony, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

So I've got an application off to a school in my area. Now I know others have probably sent off more job applications than me, mine total 3 over the course of this academic year and the last in total, but considering I was ready to walk from teaching not last summer but the summer before I'm a bit pleased with myself. The two jobs I eventually applied for near then end of the last academic year were teaching my subject in a 6th form college, this job application is my first one for a school since getting out of my last perm post. Theres also a couple more posts I've spotted on the TES jobs site that I'll apply for. :)

2. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Thats good to hear [​IMG] fingers crossed x

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Glad to hear there are some posts advertised for you to apply for. I would be inclined to say apply for anything and everything to increase your chances, as the longer one is 'out of the loop, the harder it appears to get back in with all that competition out there.
    Read all Theo's superb advice in the clickables at the start of this forum and let's hope you have good news sometime soon(ish).