1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dominican Republic

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by bee12399, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Noticed a selection of jobs have popped up today on the site, anyone know anything about the school or local area, pay? conditions?
    Having said a million times on this forum my dream is the US, but the package looks quite nice.... (decieded against the bermuda one...!)

2. volvic

volvic New commenter

School website: http://alsonline.webs.com/index.html

3. daisyb123

daisyb123 New commenter

Hey,

I know this is a very old thread, but I was wondering if you ended up working in this school, or in DR in general and could offer any information/ advise?

I am also looking at the vacancies that are appearing at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any insight you have!

4. makhnovite

makhnovite Established commenter

I am not sure you will get much help on here daisy, despite the fact that this school advertises on the TES it is very American in style and ethos. A close friend of mine was a student at the school many years ago (She is El Salvadoran, with strong ties to the US) and at her suggestion I applied for a job there on a couple of ocassions and never even got an interview. The fact that I am a very experienced UK and IB teacher and not US experienced may well have gone against me. Sorry I can't be more help. BTW its a great place for a holiday!