1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Doing supply in a school you've interviewed in

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by Wuzzy, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Wuzzy

Wuzzy New commenter

Where I live, have ended up doing supply in several local schools that I have applied for jobs in over the years. They love me as a supply teacher and ask for me specifically, but I never seem to nail that elusive job! Too expensive compared to NQTs I am reliably informed.

2. I had an interview recently at a school where i have previously done some supply but didn't get the job.They then actually asked me which agency i was working through and booked me for supply for the folowing week so i must have had a good interview lesson. Take it all on the chin and act professional always.

I got a bit weirded out at first but someone told me "Just because you didn't get the job doesn't mean they think you are a bad teacher."

3. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

You should have told them to book you direct, as a casual employee, where you'd submit an LA timesheet, get an LA payroll number and be paid the correct rate for the job!

4. Not only did i get supply work in the school, the first 'teacher' I saw was the person who got the job i went for!!! So take the advice above and go for it.

5. I've been in the same boat here. When I have worked supply in a school where I have been interviewed or even applied and not get an interview, I tend to go the extra 2 miles and show the school they made a mistake by not picking me.